Tuesday 8 October 2013

Watching the Pros

Olympia weekend 2013 has come and gone, and for my first time watching the pros at work, I really picked a good year. It was an amazing chance to watch those who are really at the top of this sport and see what the different classes and poses look like on stage. 

Aside from all the fantastic physiques on show, I really enjoyed the showmanship and pageantry that went into making it enjoyable to watch. How the competitors were able to pose and perform so naturally was an absolute marvel, considering any attempt I make at even looking at myself in the mirror at home looks clumsy. 

The hours of training , eating and preparing were so clearly obvious in all the competitors, it was incredibly inspiring. 

And a little terrifying too though, I'm going to be up on stage (in my local comp obviously) next year no matter what, so I better be in some kind of shape for it!! Kicked my into gear a little more and have me something extra to remind myself to work hard.

I've stuck to my diet easily so far, even temptations of pizza, chocolate, cake, bagels and chips at work couldn't sway me. Meals are easy to prepare and my workmates seem to be used to my full meal at morning tea time! I am missing the red meat in my diet and have noticed I've been a bit tired recently (could be the extra training though!) so I might add an iron supplement to my stack to see if that helps.

I've been focusing hard on training while still minding my back, and including my half hour walk to work each morning I'm averaging 3 hours training a day, 2 and a half in the gym. I've also stuck to doing core two full hours a week, one hour Tuesday, one hour Thursday so I hope to get some reward from that. The yoga stretches for my back seem to be helping and I should be back up to 100% soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment