Thursday 17 October 2013

Missing breakfast

It's funny how fast you can fall into habits and forget old ones if you really try. Today we ran out of oats, so I had to run out and get some. I got back too late to make them before I walked to work, so I grabbed some to take to work and make them there.

I got busy and forgot to make breakfast, and by the time I realised what had happened I was hungry, grumpy, and not much fun to deal with. Then I realised - Oops! Forgot breakfast!

Before I started this diet, missing breakfast wouldn't have bothered me and I would have continued on my day with no problems. Now my body has got used to being fuelled first thing, and wasn't afraid to let me know something was missing! I'm hoping that’s a good thing!

I’m a bit sore this morning, had a big day of training yesterday, but I'm glad I did it. I trained arms at lunchtime, the gym close to my work is getting all new machines and weights, so it’s a bit of a mess. Didn’t stop me though, went to try out the new dip station… I don’t use the assist, and it’s a standing one, so once I’d put the assist down it felt like it was an extremely long way to fall if I missed a rep haha! Oh the joys of being small and training on real person sized machines ;)

I worked hard on my triceps though and really pushed them right to the end of my workout. I think I've been slacking on biceps a little, I managed to curl 14kg dumbbells, the heaviest I've done so far! Might have to skip the 10’s and go straight for 12’s next time!

Evening was a leg session; I'm really working on my legs and glutes at the moment, trying to make up some ground on my upper body. I started with front squats and pushed hard back into my heels, I could definitely feel this helped with my back squats later.


I finished up with lots and lots of lunges, and some Romanian deadlifts for my hammies. I'm really enjoying these and hope to put a bit more definition through the backs of my legs as I drop some more body fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment