Monday 21 October 2013

In 3, 2, 1....

The countdown is on…3 more sleeps until my first body composition and fat test since I started all this!! I have to admit this has been quite the nerve wracking build up… it’s so hard to see changes in yourself, and how I feel varies day by day in terms of what I think my body is doing. 

Judging by weight is no help, since it fluctuates all the time. I think my clothes are fitting looser but in some parts, that’s not the case, then I'm not sure if it’s a good or bad thing. Since I haven’t been doing this for that long, it’s still hard to say.

However there was a teeny bit of light in all of the dark and scary… I saw The Boss on Friday for the first time since I started the program, and to say he was enthusiastic about my progress was a little bit of an understatement! First, I got a hug, then a overall look at my progress, and I have to say he seemed pretty pleased with how I was doing. Warranted or not, his enthusiasm made this looming body composition and fat test not seem like something I was going to fail drastically, and that indeed I was making some progress. 

The Boss says we won’t know until much closer to the time (he says about 6 weeks out from comp!) what class I'll be aiming to compete in, but he seems to agree that figure will probably be the best fit for me :D After a group hug from him to finish, I left the gym feeling a lot more upbeat about the situation and can't wait to see my results on Thursday.

As far as my strength is concerned, while my back is still sore, my lifting overall has been much more solid and I'm making some gains in unexpected places. I definitely didn't expect to be able to do 14kg (30lb) dumbbell bicep curls, but I've managed to hit them which has been pretty cool.

I had an average deadlift day on Saturday, only went up to 90kgs (209lbs) (ONLY!!) but yesterday I had a really good day on squats. In terms of weight and volume it wasn't amazing, but I got some form tips from a friend and by the end I was getting some really good solid lifts with good depth. I look forward to practising a lot more of this and really trying to activate my glutes and hammies more when I squat.


So, on Thursday I'll be getting my fat test done… Then guess what?! It’s progress pic time! Hopefully I will have some comparisons to make! I know it won’t be drastic, but a tiny bit of change would be nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment