Sunday 27 October 2013

Results time!

Soooo... had my fat test on Thursday night... and the news was all good!

I've dropped from 24% body fat when I started, to 21% in 5 weeks :)

So in the spirit of celebrating this, I thought I should probably post a progress pic...


Photo update! Taken 27/10/2013

The Boss says I've dropped around 3kgs of fat and gained 3kgs of muscle, leaving me around the same weight as when I started. So when The Boss has done all the official numbers and sent them to me I'll put them up here as well!

That's left me feeling pretty good about the whole situation. While it was hard to tell purely from weight how I'm going, I was right in thinking that I was looking a little tighter than I was before, but I didn't want to get my hopes up!

Had a bit of a confidence boost yesterday when some older guys I don't know and don't know I'm training commented on the size of my biceps. They seemed suitably impressed to make me feel quite good about my progress so far!

 It's a little hard getting used to being a woman with noticeable muscles. Many people don't think women with muscles are particularly attractive, but I guess I'm still carrying enough body fat at this stage to counteract that, and I haven't had anything negative said about the way I look. I'm still very aware of people's opinions though, and realise it will be a little harder to avoid the more muscle and less body fat I have.

The next few weeks are going to be important, pushing myself even harder to gain a bit more before the next test. I am trying to do more cardio too to get the fat % down, but gains are a little more important at the moment.

I did squats today, got to 72.5kg (159lbs) for 2 so I'm pretty happy about that. Going to go back and do some more accessory lifting later today.

 I'm happy it's the long weekend and I can get more lifting in!


3 comments:

  1. How did you get your BF% measured? You look great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Irobar! And thanks Lexie! I go to my trainer who does it using body fat calipers. Your trainer or gym should be able to do this for you :) You can also do it using scales with this function but calipers are often more accurate.

    ReplyDelete