Thursday 5 December 2013

The Christmas Grinch!

Training this past week has been good, and I'm’m getting back into things after my deload. I am switching between two and three a day trainings and trying to get 3-4 cardio sessions in a week. As it’s not my favourite thing it’s a little harder to make time but I'm’m definitely trying. Maybe I need a little bribery to help me along... if I do 5 times a week for 5 weeks I get a prize? I don't know, I'll think of something.

The 102.5kg (225lb) deadlift still eludes me, but I’m getting there.It’s hard wanting to lift really heavy when you’re not eating the diet for it. I swear if I ate like crazy all these lifts would be so easy!

I've been working hard on shoulders and also adding a lot more glute work into my training, I really want to be looking good in both those areas!

There is one looming thing that I’m determined is not going to derail my progress…

Christmas.

It’s started already. The chocolates in the supermarket. Christmas mince puddings. Images of delicious Christmas meals everywhere…

And I don’t really care! I’m happy with my progress so far, I don’t want to go back! So, I’m not going to risk everything I've’ve achieved for a tiny bit of indulgence, no matter how delicious.
It's my work christmas party tomorrow, we're going ten pin bowling, so I'm going to roll up with my wee bag of food and a supply of protein bars. I'm going to the gym in the morning so I don't stress about it while being out of the office for the day, and I'll train again between when we come back from bowling and dinner.

We’re heading down to my parents for Christmas. I plan to take enough premade meals, and protein bars with us that I won’t have to worry about eating while we’re down there. I know my family, I’m going to get teased mercilessly for missing out on the Christmas goodies, but I’m hoping it’s sunny enough while I'm’m there that getting into a bikini will show why I’m so strict on myself haha!

Speaking of which I’ve set up an instagram too (apparently the done thing!) so you can add me xoxajvxox and I’ll be posting a few more pics up there as I go along.


It’s body fat test day today again (it rolls around so fast!) so I’ll update when I find out how I'm’m going!

No comments:

Post a Comment