Saturday 14 December 2013

Updates on supps, training and progress so far!

Sorry I've been so slack posting recently! Between being busy at work, training and trying to get ready for Christmas, it's been difficult to stay on top of posting. Promise I will do better!

I've been thinking a lot recently about how much conflicting information you can receive on the same thing. Especially when people ask my about what my stack looks like and which supplements I prefer.

What I know is that the same supplement can get rave reviews from some people, while others think it is total rubbish.

One thing I'm learning as I go along is that not every way of training, technique and supplement is going to work for everyone. Something that will have an amazing effect on your body might not necessarily do the same thing for another person and vice versa. There are so many self professed experts out there who say they have a fool proof way to lose weight or gain muscle but the tips they say might work for them and few others.

My own view is I try different supplements and ways of training til I find what works best for me and tend to stick to it until something better for me comes along. I'm always open to advice and people's opinions and test everything out myself.

As far as my training is going in pretty happy. I am working on my shoulders and continue to see progress on my rear delts. I'm working on correcting my posture and getting that rear delt training in at the end of a shoulder session. It's feeling really good and having such focus is really helping improve how I train shoulders and think it's helping my overall look too. I have shoulder training today so that should be good.


I'm also doing more work on my hammies and dedicating a full session on a Sunday to them. I hit a 70kg PR on Romanian deadlifts last week which is funny because I hadn't realised I'd lifted so light on them before.

Being so quad dominant has it's advantages, and my quads are looking pretty good, but I'm really working to correct the imbalance and get some hamstring definition.




More and more people are starting to notice the change in my body now which has been both cool and interesting. I haven't had any negative comments yet (I know nice people I guess) but I am aware of how people view women with muscle and see it all the time on Facebook. I feel slightly more self conscious now training than I did before, but I know that I should expect that from here on in. Haters gonna hate I guess, and I have more than enough awesome people supporting me to help me keep on track!



No comments:

Post a Comment