Wednesday 18 December 2013

Lifting lows

Sometimes, and only sometimes, I get days where I don't feel like I'm making all that much progress.

Whether I've just had a day where things haven't felt quite right lifting, or I haven't gone as heavy as I would like, it puts me in a bit of a bad mood.

Especially tonight, when I felt I just wasn't pushing as hard as I could weight wise, it definitely affected my confidence and undermined my self belief. On top of feeling like my body isn't progressing, it just made for a bad day all around.

It's hard to bounce back from those moments.

I know, once I've had a bit of a sleep, a bit of a think and look over how far I've come I won't feel so bad. It's hard to see how good things are when you feel you haven't lifted to your potential and what you see in the mirror doesn't match up to how you feel you should look in your head.

So, I'm going to take a step back for tonight, put today's workouts down as experience and get back into it hard tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment