Friday 15 November 2013

Guessing it's time for another post....

But I don't really feel I have anything to say. That's because I'm resting this week, and I'm hating it! I'm training 50-80% of my normal weight and rep ranges and generally taking it easy.

And yes, I know all the theory. I know that pushing my body as hard as I do for an infinite period of time is not going to be good for it. And that taking one little week off, only lifting light, is going to be good for it in the long run. I know that my muscle recovery will be better and I'll come back even stronger.

But I'm so. damn. bored.

I hate not pushing myself. I hate not being able to test every day what my limits are and be proud of myself for breaking them. I find training is not as much fun when I'm not giving 100% and I slack off a little. I haven't even managed to bother with extra cardio sessions this week (and we all know how much I love them :|) that's how uninspired I've been.

It's been a rough week for that. But next week is a whole new week and I'm looking forward to seeing some new PBs.

On the bright side though, I'm starting to see a bit more change in my body and a bit more leanness. It's really showing up what I need to work on *cough* shoulders *cough* but it is nice to see the hard work slowly paying off.

My next body fat test is 1 December and I'm really hoping to see it drop under 20% there. I need to make sure my eating is spot on and get that cardio done to hit that target!

I'm (hopefully!) going to watch my good friend compete in a powerlifting competition tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing what competing is like and I really, really hope he does well. He's been working really hard (in between helping me with my lifting!) so I have my fingers crossed for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment