Friday 13 September 2013

Auckland trip, eating more and supplements, yay!

Auckland was good, I managed to hit the gym twice while I was there.I trained at Les Mills on Victoria Street which was not too far from the hotel we were staying in. It was interesting training at a gym that had the cardio machines surrounding the weight floor, felt like you were being observed the whole time which seemed quite weird... I could almost hear them thinking "what are these strange people doing, picking things up and putting them down..." 

The gym felt a little cramped, training on the hammer strength machines in the loft area was interesting. It could have been the number of people there or just that it was different to how Extreme is set out and I wasn't used to it. It felt a little like a rabbit warren in some parts, I still have no idea how far back the ladies changing room goes.

We did have a hard weekend though, I didn't get much sleep and I could tell it was effecting my training. I only went up to 85kg deadlift on Sunday, and it didn't feel pretty. Whether it was just lack of sleep or something else I don't know. But at least I was good and actually went to train.

So I've put on about 2kgs so far, up from 56 to 58kg. Whether I'm excited about this or not is yet to be seen, but I'm telling myself gains are good and this is what I'm after! The eating thing has been interesting. I am definitely trying very hard to get used to eating breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, so that Monday when we start the proper diet plan, it isn't too much of a shock. I'm excited and nervous about being told what to eat and when, so I'll let you know how that's going.

We brought Cell Mass yesterday so had my first serve last night. I'm taking it straight after the gym, hopefully it will help me recovery and gains (yes I want them!). 

I trained arms at lunchtime and have got shoulders tonight. I'm going to play around with some more Olympic lifting tonight, I really enjoyed that so want to add a bit more into my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment