Sunday 11 May 2014

19 weeks to go

Well it's 19 weeks out now and I'm really trying to push myself to hit my training hard at the moment. It's long enough out and close enough to the date that I'm both happy with my progress and nervous at the same time.

I had a really good leg session tonight, I'm enjoying the barbell lunge/step up superset so added more of them into my workout this week. Today's workout was:

             Barbell Squat
o    20 kg x 10 reps
o    40 kg x 10 reps x 10

Group C (did this twice)
o  Barbell Lunges
-  20 kg x 10 reps
-  20 kg x 10 reps
o  Barbell Step Ups
-  10 kg x 10 reps | 63 cm

Group D  (did this three times)
o  Barbell Lunges
-  20 kg x 10 reps
-  20 kg x 10 reps

o  Bodyweight Step Up
-  10 reps – 63cm

Lying Leg Curls
o    39 kg x 8 reps
o    39 kg x 6 reps
o    39 kg x 2 reps
o    39 kg x 10 reps

o    39 kg x 10 reps

I seem to be leaning up faster this time than the last time I dieted and I'm starting to see a little more definition in my muscles already. Feeling a little bit better about training and hoping I'll retain the muscle I've gained over the last few months.

I did some lat work during the week and this has made it a lot easier to practice flaring my lats in posing practice. I spent last night watching videos and going over technique stuff for posing which felt really good.

The videos and walkthroughs I looked at are these ones:

Figure posing with Julie Lohre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TMgTsrGjnI

GoFigure video with Jamie Onekawa: http://tinyurl.com/l9euzkz

I'm looking forward to more solid trainings this week!

Abs 8/5/2014

xox AJV xox


No comments:

Post a Comment