Monday 24 March 2014

A Sunday workout, new training splits and posing practice

Time for an update! Eating is going well, I'm slowly getting used to eating a bit more again. It's meant I've been able to get some of the intensity back in the gym I felt I have been lacking over the past few weeks!

I'm slowly getting a little fuller and being able to lift harder and heavier is definitely helping that!

I didn't post my Sunday workout last week, but yesterday's was epic so I'll put that up at the end of this post.

I'm shaking up my training again a little, now my rest day is Tuesday it's made deadlifting and leg training too close together. So I’m taking some advice from D and Jason and for the next wee while I’m reducing the number of times I’m training and taking a little more rest. So my program is going to look a little more like this:

Monday 
Lunch: light arms
Evening: Chest

Tuesday
Rest

Wednesday 
Lunch: Core
Evening: Deadlifts

Thursday
Lunch: rest
Evening: Back

Friday
Lunchtime: Core
Evening: Arms

Saturday
Shoulders

Sunday
Legs

It’s not reduced as much as they’d like, but I’ll see how this goes :D I know rest is a big part of muscle growth, so I am listening as much as my stubborn self will allow!

I’ve started posing practice now and I’m aiming for 10 minutes a day at the moment. It’s a lot harder than I thought, and I actually tire quickly when doing it, so I’m glad I’ve started early. I hope to order my comp heels relatively soon so I can practice walking and posing in them.

Sunday’s massive leg workout (this was SO nasty!)
Cycling (stationary) warm up
Stretching and warm up drills
Body Weight Lunge
  • 10 reps
  • 10 reps 
Leg Extensions straight off into lunges...
  • 25 kg x 15 reps
Stationary Lunge
  • 8 kg x 10 reps
  • 8kg x 10 reps
Repeat 4 times, then same thing but with Single Leg Extensions
  • 10 kg x 12 reps
Stationary Lunge
  • 8 kg x 10 reps
Then swap legs
Leg Press
  • 60 kg x 12 reps
  • 100 kg x 10 reps
  • 140 kg x 8 reps 
Smith Machine Squat
  • 40 kg x 10 reps
  • 20 kg x 12 reps
“Ox Squats" 5 minutes of squats. first 2.5 minutes with 10kg bag on my back for 50 reps, second 2.5 minutes bodyweight for 56 reps.
 Lying Leg Curls
  • 20 kg x 2 reps
  • 22.5 kg x 8 reps
  • 27.5 kg x 10 reps
  • 35 kg x 10 reps
First set Jason put 2.5kg more on top after 2 reps without me noticing

Seated Leg Curl

  • 40 lb x 5 reps
  • 40 lb x 5 reps
  • 50 lb x 10 reps

No comments:

Post a Comment