Saturday 1 February 2014

Training updates!

Hello everyone!

Well as per usual I've been training hard! It's been a couple of weeks

Last Thursday I had a crazy back session with Les Mills PT Jason Brown who reminded me of the wonders and absolute benefits of good form. I learned better form on seated cable rows and bent over rows that made a huge difference to my back training.

Had a few days away last weekend and made the best of the situation, I ran 2kms (me, running, I know right?) and had a makeshift workout by the beach... I have to admit the view was a lot better than in my normal gym haha! It just reminded me that training isn't just something I do, it's a part of my life.

On Monday I trained with Jason again, chest this time. Working with him really helped to refine my form on a few exercises, and add a few things into my repertoire that I didn’t have before. It also reminded me of the importance of taking a training notebook with me, as I found it difficult to remember what I had done when I wasn’t in my normal routine!

I’ve been a little tired and stressed recently, and I think it’s impacting on my training a little. I haven’t been hitting the gym with the same enthusiasm that has been a trademark of mine.
I’m thinking about trying some stress reduction tips such as having a bit more relaxation time and adding some meditation into my routine to see if I can regain a little bit of my focus. I’m going to start with a little each day and see if it helps. I downloaded a couple of meditation apps, I’ll give them a go and see if it helps.

I am getting to the point where I really need to add more cardio into the mix to bump up my fat loss. I feel like I’m fighting a losing battle with this part of my training, but thee’s only so far I can go without making a serious attempt at it!

My squats are getting a little better, I think I hurt my hip flexor a couple of weeks ago so I’ve been babying that since then. I had one of the awesome Les Mills Gym Instructors show me a good stretch for it the other day that seemed to perk it right up and I hit a 70 kg squat without a problem. So I’m going to keep working on it, hope to hit 80kgs by 1 June. 
Weighted tricep dips

I’ve been so lucky to have a supportive fitfam, both in real life and online, who are always there when I need some motivation or someone to complain to when things haven’t gone so well. Fitocracy has had a massive part to play in getting this support. so just want to give these guys a shout out.  If you haven’t already, sign up to Fito and get amongst it, the environment there is so good and so inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment